A Flight Dispatcher also known as a Flight Operations Officer who is qualified and licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand to perform flight planning. In order to be qualified to obtain a license, a candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge of meteorology and of aviation in general, to a level comparable to the holder of an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.
A Flight Dispatcher is one of the key players who has major roles in the operation of an aircraft. In his area of responsibility, the Flight Dispatcher shall have authority overall ground personnel in those duties which concerns to operation of the flight.
The Flight Dispatcher has joint responsibilities with the Pilot-in-Command for assisting him both on the ground and in the air to safely complete a flight.
As specified in ICAO Annex 6, Chapter 4.6
- Assist the Pilot-in-Command in flight preparation and provide the relevant information required;
- Assist the Pilot-in-Command in preparing the operational and ATS flight plans, sign when applicable and file the ATS flight plan with the appropriate ATS unit;
- Furnish the Pilot-in-Command while in flight, by appropriate means, with information which may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight;
- Initiate such procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual in the event of an emergency.
- Age not less than 21 years of age.
- Holding a Flight Dispatcher License which issued by Civil Aviation Authority.
- Have a good command of English.
- Have an extensive knowledge of meteorology and of aviation in general.
- Available in shift working.
- Air Operator License Holders.
- More than 18,000 THB/month (depends on experiences).